Wednesday, January 30, 2008

deconstruction/reconstruction....

this is the first deconstruction/reconstruction piece i've done. i think it turned out quite nice. i took a men's style button up shirt that i thrifted, and found this lace camisole top, also thrifted, and transformed them into one piece! i added some cameo buttons as well, to make for a very feminine, victorian style look. i really love the way this piece turned out. i just need to finish off the inside so i can list it in my shop. i hope to be able to do more pieces like this... it's just finding the time... oh, where does the time go anyway???

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love it! You've inspired me to try some reconstruction!

Hobocamp Crafts said...

that shirt looks great! How did I not know you had a blog!! Yay- glad I found it!

theVintageZoo said...

thanks p-gal! i can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

hobo!!! i just started... and i'm already addicted. EEP! i linked you up, did you see???

High Desert Diva said...

This is very cool....nice work

Keys and Memories said...

That shirt is really cool :)

Helen Carter said...

This is very sweet and understated. Nice job! Somehow I want to see it with a belt. I'm picturing a giant cameo belt buckle, do those exist? They ought to. Do more!
- helen