Monday, February 18, 2008

less is more....


sometimes i have to be really careful not to overdo things. do you ever have this feeling? i usually get an idea in my head and jump right on it. but i'm learning to let some ideas just marinate, and roll around in my crazy brain. that requires patience, which i have very little. but i'm trying. i'm learning. i found this already gorgeous vintage handmade dress, but it was a little plain. i mean, the construction and the print on this dress is wonderful, but it just lacked that certain something. of course i've been applique-ing it up over here, and thought of applique-ing perhaps a black rose on top of the other roses... but that just didn't seem right. so i let it sit. i've been "sitting" on this dress for about two weeks. then i had the idea of just adding a simple black velvet bow and a cute victorian style shoe button. just a few stiches and i believe this dress is transformed!! i love it. if it wasn't a tiny bit snug on me, i'd have to keep it. i almost want to eat salads for two weeks so i can!! ;-) somebody should blog about that.... how to resist keeping all of your creations!!


7 comments:

Hobocamp Crafts said...

i think you added just enough pizazz!

Sometimes I do that with getting dressed. I read some where that some celebrity or old-time movie actress looked in the mirror before leaving and would take 1 piece off. I do that now and I think it helps me :)
great dress

OMB said...

That dress is beautiful. The black bow is the perfect accent. Very classic.

Tizzalicious said...

I love how that turned out!

Simple but beautiful!

amy said...

your patience paid off. very lovely and demure.

twolefthands said...

I love it, less is more! Beautiful and so creative!

DENISE said...

Awwww that's no problem at all. You sound like a cool girl as well. It's good to know that our bad experiences are not in vain b/c we can empathize with one another and help each other get through. I'm glad you're feeling better.
I love Jim's blog...he's an awesome person.
Glad to have met you.
:)

amy said...

Yay, this is on the front page of Etsy today, congrats! (it's Feb 22nd, 2:50pm in case you didn't get to see it)